Should closing a topic remove wiki edit-ability?

Reproduce:

1. Create a topic and make the lead post a wiki post.
  2. Optionally add some replies.
  3. Lock the topic.

Expected Results:

• It is no longer possible to edit the wiki post.

Actual Results:

• It IS possible to edit the wiki post.

While it’s still possible to remove the wiki option from the post in the locked topic, if I assumed that locking the topic would prevent edits to the wiki post, I figure maybe I’m not the only one. (But history has shown that’s often wrong!)

1 Like

Just curious, what happens if you choose Archive instead of Close?

2 Likes

Hmm, yes, that works. Thanks I think? :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the UI is ambiguous as to the difference between the “Archive” and “Close” buttons. Maybe they could be renamed to “Lock Replies” and “Lock Topic” or something along those lines?

1 Like

Well, I’m not sure you are wrong about the expected behavior of Closing a Topic, I was more so curious if we have two different results happening depending on Archive versus Close. So consider this a “workaround” until the Discourse team chimes in.

It might be only me but