Show badges on post?

Hi,

In our community, we have a team of moderators. Since we thrive on members asking questions and contributing answers, we often want to give “Great Question!” and “Great Answer!” badges in our community. However, we don’t want to give the same person the same badge for the same post. Also, we’d like for other members of the community to be able to identify the best kinds of questions and answers on the site so they can aspire to those standards.

In light of that, I am wondering if it would be valuable to be able to display some badges on the post itself? Perhaps the text title of the badge could appear next to the member’s title on that post? If that text title was hyperlinked to the badge description, it would enable other members to learn more about that badge and what it represents. This provides an ongoing way to educate members of the community on our standards and goals.

1 Like

I’m in the samt boat as you. Any update on the matter?

1 Like

Hi Niklas,

I haven’t seen an update, but that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been one. I still think this feature would enable a fantastic tool to provide encouragement to our best contributors and inspiration/challenge to our readers and participants. The main idea is to provide the delight of stumbling across the ‘best of’ while reading Topics in the community and having the visitor/member realize, “ok, this is the desired culture here.”

For now, the workaround I’ve created is a post in our community explaining the Great Contribution badge and linking to that badge page in the post. That seems to have helped about a dozen people. :slight_smile:

I welcome other, better approaches to this initiative!

It will be useful for us too. And meta.discourse has some badges like this, maybe it will be help even here?

Bump.

1 Like

It’s being worked on via theme component: Post Badges component

7 Likes