Sidekiq problems after downgrade from 1.7 beta to 1.6 stable

Sidekiq appears to be running when viewing the Sidekiq dashboard, however the scheduled jobs aren’t running.

The Discourse Error Logs show the following:

377 - Sidekiq heartbeat test failed, restarting
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/logster-1.2.5/lib/logster/logger.rb:76:in add_with_opts
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/logster-1.2.5/lib/logster/logger.rb:37:in add
/usr/local/lib/ruby/2.3.0/logger.rb:498:in warn
config/unicorn.conf.rb:129:in check_sidekiq_heartbeat
config/unicorn.conf.rb:146:in master_sleep
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/unicorn-5.1.0/lib/unicorn/http_server.rb:284:in join
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/gems/unicorn-5.1.0/bin/unicorn:126:in <top (required)>
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/bin/unicorn:22:in load
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.3.0/bin/unicorn:22:in <main>

and

679453 - Job exception: undefined method every for Jobs::MigrateUploadScheme:Class
Job exception: undefined method every for Jobs::MigrateUploadScheme:Class

It shows Sidekiq version as being v4.1.2

I’ve tried rebuilding a couple of times with no luck:

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app

I’m guessing that there’s some higher version file from the 1.7 beta that’s floating around, but I’m unsure what the proper procedure would be to wipe the install folder without losing my data or config. Any help would be appreciated.

By upgrading to 1.7, your database got upgraded. Unless you have a backup made before updating and you are willing to go back to the backup, there’s no easy way back.

Why do you want to downgrade?

1 Like

Discourse doesn’t support downgrades.

1 Like

Stick with 1.7 development branch for two weeks, and then switch to stable when 1.7 is out (Jan 6th).

2 Likes