Take a snapshot of a discussion in Slack and post it as a topic in Discourse. The output should be a cleanly formatted chat transcript. The average snapshot would be between 5-100 messages long. Also see “Wisemonk - a Slack bot to move discussions from Slack to Discourse”.
Use Discourse as your “long term memory” for Slack conversations worth remembering.
- Type a command like
/topic last:50 category:staffin Slack.
- @system (or other designated user) create a new topic in the #staff category. This topic will contain your 50 last Slack messages (in plaintext or minimal Markdown).
- Set custom timegap for the snapshot:
from:15:35-16:10(might be tricky due to timezone differences)
- Ignore messages from selected users in snapshot:
- Post as the user who issues the command via Slack
- Open pre-filled topic in browser instead of posting directly
- A graphical interface for posting snapshots. Might be possible to do something using Slack Buttons.