Sprockets Upgrade

I just deployed Meta on a branch using the latest version of Sprockets, sprockets-rails and sass-rails. In order to test out the changes, we’ll be bringing DARKNESS back to Meta for the next 3 days.

Do feel free to let us know if you notice anything weird on Meta with regards to the rendering of assets :slight_smile:

:earth_asia: :rocket: :full_moon:

22 Likes

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

21 Likes

I thought that a new feature was added to sense one’s location on the globe and whether the sun was shining and select the dark theme accordingly. I was confused because I thought that feature was planned for a much later release.

6 Likes

I have always assumed it wouldn’t be until the Erebus release.

Ehm…do you know what are the settings as the theme Discourse Darkness? :rocket::crescent_moon:

8 Likes

But you know I do not I seen? xD

Thanks @zogstrip :sweat_smile:

DARKNESS!!! It’s back baby!

2 Likes

hello darkness, my old friend

Is there anything in particular we should look out for? I’m not especially familiar with what Sprockets is, although keeping an eye out for general weirdness is easy enough.

edit: Oh I guess asset rendering? Early morning reading comprehension is way down, apparently.

3 Likes

<:older_man:>

Is this the place to say that I can’t tell what my unread notifications are due to (presumptively) too low contrast between the background colors? (If not feel free to move my reply, or delete it, or whatever.)

</:older_man:>

8 Likes

7 Likes

I found another dark theme bug - /admin/flags/old is looking pretty bad right now.

5 Likes

A few more issues here with the dark theme I’ve had on my list for a while:

4 Likes
1 Like

An option for users to choose between light and dark default themes would be welcome. Late-night readers, or users with phones with crappy batteries would benefit.

2 Likes

Er… what? A dark and light pixel use the same amount of energy. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-black-is/

2 Likes

That’s true for LCD screens, but for AMOLED screens which do switch pixels off for #000000, you’ll spare the battery.

6 Likes

It looks kinda weird…
One more day, guys, we can handle it! :joy::joy:.

1 Like