Support eBay EPN script for making house ads for eBay links

I’d like to make a suggestion for a future update that I don’t even know is possible. It’d be great if we could add an eBay EPN script onto the forum so that we could make house ads for eBay links. I know on my main site, the eBay ads generate much more revenue and I could tailor them to the forum but I have nowhere to put the initial header script (or I don’t know how/where to do it which is VERY likely).

Just something to think about. Thanks!

I have been using eBay’s EPN tools to create house ads. I made a component to place the main header code and then make house ads with various different search topics to be placed on the site. I’ve run in to two issues that I’m too stupid to figure out (I’m new to Discourse).

1. The ads load on the initial page load but if you go into a topic there’s no ad unless you refresh the page. Maybe this is an EPN issue.

2. The top banner ad is full width as it should be but for some reason the ads between nth post are coming in half width – even on mobile. Am I missing a setting somewhere? It’s the same exact code that’s producing full width on the top of the page.

Any assistance would be appreciated, even if it’s just to tell me I’m out of luck on this one.

Hello, did you get a solution to issue No. 1?

I haven’t received a solution for either issue although I saw on another topic that issue No.1 is probably related to the fact that going to another page on the forum doesn’t actually trigger a new page load so the ad doesn’t know it needs to be served again. I don’t know what the fix to that would even be.

As for the other issue, it’s more cosmetic than anything.

Hello, we seem to be working on similar goals here. I am curious about how your component fetches/stores listings? Are you using the eBay API?

Unrelated but I have a component that converts links posted in a topic to an EPN url. Maybe you’re interested in that?

I’m using the same code I use on my main site which is an official eBay tool. All I’ve done is create a bunch of house ads with different search criteria so that it served different ads on each page view.

Ultimately, I’d rather have my AdSense ads work properly so I didn’t need to do so many house ads – and get paid for impressions instead of solely clicks – but this is a decent way to monetize in the meantime.

Do you have the tool name? Or the code you’re using? I’d appreciate the tip. I might be able to solve your problems above too if I have a better idea of what the code is actually doing