Support @ or # in "Hide details" summary

Pretty self explanatory title.

@Discourse

This text will be hidden

#feature

This text will be hidden

I’m just wondering… if @Discourse and feature would be shown in ”link mode” how could we open those details?

4 Likes

To be more concrete: Both work fine in the hide details body but not in the title.

Title

@Discourse feature

Did this work before? I don’t remember the title of details working with anything but plain text.

1 Like

Using the arrow or with other text next to the link-mode text. For example Changes to the feature category: or Workload for @Discourse.

Sorry, but that isn’t nice way. Do you wanna try how it work with mobiles, pads or another devices without keyboard? And filler text isn’t any better. Then an user must know exacly where to touch.

Better solution is use mentions and automatic links where those should be: in the context. And let other components do what’s expecting.

So this is much user friendly way:

purpose of hidden text or just a header

Do you want mention a pseudo user, like @Discourse?

And I’m not sure if this a bug at all, but comes by used technique.

I see where you’re coming from, but I can guarantee that this would be a minimal problem for most users, users generally understand that highlighted text refers to a link. You can click anywhere in the dropdown box for it to activate, not specifically on the link.

1 Like

As Moin has said, I don’t think this has ever been supported so this is more feature request territory. I’ll slide it over. :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you for that, sorry, thought it’d be a given feature rather than a bug.

1 Like