Supporting tiktok urls for onebox

But how do we avoid everything bouncing? We need the iframes to have a fixed height.

3 Likes

Yeah it has to be fixed height, thatā€™s not negotiable. Fixed height is the starting point.

3 Likes

Onebox hits their oEmbed API and grabs the width and height and creates an iframe of fixed width/height respecting the TikTok video aspect ratio.

How that sounds @sam / @codinghorror ?

6 Likes

Did this one ever make it to a roadmap?

1 Like

I think forcing height and width for the iframe is reasonable. Though I have general concerns around all iframe oneboxes.

Now that we have integrated onebox we should probably list exhaustively all the IFRAMEs we are allowing out of the box in a setting, so we call this out.

I kind of feel like allowed onebox iframes should not be * out of the box, instead it should call out all the iframes we are allowing.

2 Likes

We have this data - itā€™s available in the site setting dropdown. OneBox engines are not allowed to render iframes unless they add the origin to the list first:

They add to the list via the requires_iframe_origins directive:

If the associated origin is not enabled, then the Engine is automatically disabled.

We could do thatā€¦ but it would mean that new oneboxes will not automatically be added to the list.

Were you thinking of adding all the existing options? Or just a subset of the most common? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah I see, I forgot to expand the * :slight_smile: , I donā€™t think we need to do anything extra here barring @Falcoā€™s original suggestion (use oembed api to get height add iframe to page) then users can opt out if they want.

Going to put a #pr-welcome on this in case the community want to give this a shot.

3 Likes

wow, how you do it? how did you embed it?

2 Likes

Just wondering if there has been any progression with TikTok URLā€™s so when they react the same way as a YouTube video.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes