Suspension length and log data

One of my moderators suspended a user, he said for a period of two weeks. That was 9 days ago according to the logs. However, he’s back online and posting again today.

This leads me to two issues:

How is this user able to log in? I see no indication of the suspension being lifted by anyone. Does the suspension also log the user out or could he have remained in, possibly on another computer?

The logs shows the date of the suspension, but not the time period it was for. It seems like that should be included in the log entry. (I see a similar comment on this from 2016, FWIW.)

Yes. It’d, ofc, be bad if it didn’t.

If you’ve got access to the server/the discourse container, you can query the users table for the user’s id, the table contains suspended_at, suspended_until, and suspended_by values.

Wouldn’t using data explorer be easier?

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t sure which table to look in. (And yes, data explorer worked just fine for that, as this is a hosted account.) Turns out he was suspended for around 8 days.

1 Like

Probably, I didn’t think of that at the time when I made my post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.