I had to change and reload the configuration a couple of times for troubleshooting Siteground mail service. There are multiple bits of advice on how to do it most quickly.
Summarizing all of them leaves confusion.
So, could you tell me the differences between the commands listed below in more detail?
The information in install guide and posts in this forum are somehow inconsistent. It isn’t fully clear what e.g. is the difference between initializing and building a container.
There should be a ladder of escalation telling what actions requires what command if you change e.g. app.yml as some tell
start is enough other say you have to
rebuild or do also
Commands: start: Start/initialize a container stop: Stop a running container restart: Restart a container destroy: Stop and remove a container bootstrap: Bootstrap a container for the config based on a template rebuild: Rebuild a container (destroy old, bootstrap, start new)
I’m slowly building up the impression that all the commands are a follow-up sequence of actions.
Each successive step/command does the same as it pre-successor plus something extra.
for example something like this
- bootstrap: destroy old + Bootstrap a container for the config based on a template
- rebuild: bootstrap + Rebuild a container (start new), meaning it does things like downloading the latest versions of software and implementing updated config
- start: initialize, whatever it means
- stop: Stop a running container
- restart: Restart a container (incl. stop)
- destroy: Stop and remove a container