Tickets Plugin 🎟

@angus

Thanks VERY much for your work on this! I really hope that it can get polished off soon!

I have done some basic testing now and it is still having most of the problems that I reported here.

I no longer get the popup error message saying “Sorry an error has occured”, but clicking the Assign button in the Tickets module (to the right of the tags) doesnt do anything and produces the same console errors shown previously in the screen recording.

I can assign a topic with the Assign button below the topic, but Tickets and Assign still don’t seem to be talking to each other. The Assigned column in the Tickets Dashboard doesn’t populate.

Also, I’m hoping that while you are looking at this you might be able to give a bit of attention to the request that a variety of people have made - allowing groups beyond “Staff” to be able to use Tickets. I poked around in the code a bit and noticed a few places where it says things like currentUser.staff, is_staff etc… So I’m guessing that it wouldn’t be too difficult to either

1. relax/remove that stipulation,
  2. add another userGroup (e.g. TicketsTeam) that we could create and define ourselves, or
  3. add some sort of customization mechanism in the Tickets settings that allows us to define which groups have access to Tickets.

Obviously 3 > 2 > 1, but whatever you are inclined towards would be greatly appreciated! I also think it would make Tickets more broadly appealing, which would make your previous hard work more worth the while.

Thanks again!

1 Like