Topic Ratings Plugin

I tried, but couldn’t find where to do it

3 Likes

https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-ratings

I installed this plugin on new discourse instance and version of this instance is 2.6.0.beta2. Earlier it was working fine.but now It is not working. Can you help me out ?

4 Likes

Which branch, version are you on? Also, the support period has passed so we won’t guarantee a fix.

1 Like

i cloned the github repo which is https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-ratings. I checked. i am on master branch.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m bookmarking this. I’ll take a look when I have some time.

3 Likes

@angus @fzngagan i have a food recipe forum. and i want my users to vote on topics and recipes posted by others users in form of posts. and i want to show these star ratings via schema.org so google can recognise this structure data and show the starts on my google search results page. How can i do this, does this plugin support google structure data already ?

Also, is this plugin compatible with discourse solved and discourse question and answer plugins, so that other users can also vote up or down other people posts/topics along with stars?

3 Likes

@Gustavo_Papasergio1
We have a new admin panel for the ratings stuff now. If you go to yoursiteurl/admin/plugins, you’ll see a Ratings tab where you can tweak all the settings. For enabling on the whole site , you’ll have to enable the said rating criterion for all the categories. Do get back if you get any difficulty in doing that.

4 Likes

I’ve left a review on your PR. Can you make the suggested change? Thanks for pointing out the issue.

1 Like

There’s one PR to be merged soon related to schema.org data which will make it work reliably.

For compatibility, do try and let us know. Its a dynamic ecosystem so you’ll know better when you try :wink: .

3 Likes

So do i wait for the new update and then install this? or if i have installed this plugin already, can i get its plugin updates directly from admin GUI?

3 Likes

You can install and get the update later via gui. Just that our free support period is first 5 days of every month and you’ll have to wait a few days if something is broken.

3 Likes

Okay good. so best case is to try plugins in first 5 days of any month and inform u guys of any bugs or compatibility issues if any.?

If i install pavilion plugins after 5th of the month days, then i have wait more?

Also, i have installed the rating plugin, and enabled it, but i dont see the settings anywhere to enable topic ratings on a category or on a specific tag. I have checked tag settings, category settings, and ratings plugin settings, but didnt find to do this anywhere. can u help?

3 Likes

@Gustavo_Papasergio1 @Faizan_Zahid

Rating Types - Ratings - Pavilion

This topic will be helpful. More to come in that space.

3 Likes

You can use cache at here: https://github.com/bcat95/discourse-ratings Only a few lines changed.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll do some research myself and figure out what the correct schema.org metadata should be.

5 Likes

I installed topic ratings plugin from https://github.com/paviliondev/discourse-ratings master in discourse instance. I enabled ratings plugin from plugins setting but i am not able to give rating to any topic.

i attached some screenshots below for your reference.

I Installed same plugin in older version of discourse instance. there it is working fine.

Can you help me out to solve the problem ?

2 Likes

I’ll try to check today but no promises. Our support period is first 5 days of the month :slight_smile:

Also check /admin/plugins/ratings for setting up the ratings.

2 Likes

@fzngagan I followed your steps, but i do not see any way to create a rating type in admin panel, please see below:

all i see is this

Where do i configure adding new rating types and set them on categoires or tags ? i also went to categories settings but i dont see any option to enable to add new ratings type on tags or categories.

2 Likes

Please go to /admin/plugins

2 Likes

i have gone to /admin/plugins

i see settings for ratings plugin

but when i click settings, i just see same settings screen which i sent u in my last reply. i dont see anyway to create ratings or rating types :o

2 Likes