Topic Ratings Plugin

Hello,
On this page left side you see Ratings click it. But first enable it.

2 Likes

Nobody else needed to bypass the min post length setting for ratings-enabled topics?

The idea is to allow the reply to omit a post body if a rating is set. I’ll eventually take a shot creating a plugin just for it, but if anyone else solved a similar problem and can share how, that’d be great.

1 Like

ok thanks now i have configured it, @fzngagan i am having an error Invalid object type for field "itemReviewed" on Google rich snippet test, when i try to add a topic rating on a topic which is basically a Recipe type, what am i doing wrong?

The URL where i am having this issue is on How to make Buttermilk - How To Discuss

I want 2 things:

1. For the topic author to rate a topic/recipe about how easy this recipe is and how fast or long is it.
  2. I also want forum users who are reading a Recipe to vote for the Recipe easyness and tastyness etc.
  3. I want Google rich snippet to be validated soo my topics can be shown as stars in SERPs search engines.

Please help me what am i doing wrong?

2 Likes

Can see temporarily here : Update aggregate_rating.html.erb · bcat95/discourse-ratings@b5093da · GitHub

3 Likes

@Faizan_Zahid
I’ll take a look in the weekend.

2 Likes

thanks @fzngagan, you can see commit of @Bcat he has fixed this bug but these changes r not live on plugin yet. Once you get it done by weekend, please let me know I can test again.

2 Likes

He’s not confident that the changes are general enough for the plugin.

I need to research about the correct metadata tags required.

3 Likes

that would be awesome, many thanks for your help in adding schema.org

1 Like