Somewhat related to About category topic shows up before it is edited, although a bit of a separate issue I think. While that discussion referred to the unedited category being visible if you go direct to it, our forum admins have noticed that an unedited category also appears on the /categories page, which the text in the default “About” post specifically says it will not.
Is this a bug?
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into the forum as an administrator and create an new category,
- An example on our testing site at the moment is the Shortlisting category.
- Open the new category and note that the default text states: Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.
- Do not make any edits at this stage. Do not click on you newly created category either. Just create it and log out.
- Log into the forum as a regular user.
- Select the categories option.