Using Ezoic with Discourse, anyone?

Ezoic, has anyone used this successfully with Discourse, with or without the plugins?

I did a quick test and something broke! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@agemo, yes i’m about to, i ll give you my feed back.

2 Likes

@agemo i didn’t manage to go through with ezoic, they were asking me to move my dns to make it work, witch i did, i waited 2 weeks and after this no news, the guys seem not interested in working with us anymore so i changed back the dns.

2 Likes

Well that’s disappointing.

2 Likes

anyone had success with Ezoic and Discourse?

1 Like

I’ve signed up with EZOIC and went through the onboarding process and just received an email from them that reads: s*o I was going to set up placeholders on your site and it appears that the nameserver integration is incompatible with your subdomain/forum site since it is a custom-built javascript site that doesn’t allow us to serve the ads server side. *

While we are actively developing solutions to this, unfortunately, for the time being, we would be unable to work with the forum aspect of your site which is where the vast majority of your traffic is going.

I apologize for any inconvenience this caused and will be in touch when we have a fully developed solution.

1 Like

Well I guess that answers that question. Disaster.

Cavet emptor.

1 Like

Their ChatGPT powered chatbot said to me:

YOU
Have you successfully integrated with a website running on the forum software Discourse?

PROTEUS
Yes, Ezoic can integrate with websites running on the forum software Discourse. Ezoic’s technology is compatible with a wide range of website platforms, including Discourse. By integrating Ezoic with your Discourse website, you can take advantage of Ezoic’s machine-learning capabilities to optimize your ad placements and improve your website’s performance. If you have any specific questions or need assistance with the integration process, feel free to ask!

YOU
I am having trouble with page views on my discourse site when trying to run ads, does ezoic work properly with Discourse, i know it will work in theory but in practice does it work well and record page views correctly?

PROTEUS
Yes, Ezoic works properly with Discourse in practice and accurately records page views. Ezoic has successfully integrated with numerous websites running on Discourse, and our technology is designed to work seamlessly with various platforms, including Discourse. Ezoic’s integration with Discourse ensures that page views are accurately tracked and recorded, allowing you to effectively monetize your website with ads. If you are experiencing any specific issues or have concerns about page views, I recommend reaching out to Ezoic’s support team or referring to our support resources at support.ezoic.com for further assistance.

YOU
The issue i have when running google Adsense is that Discourse generates dynamic page views as it works as a kind of single page app or SPA, so some page views are dynamic rather then full page view, also when you scroll down the page there is an infinite scroll effect rather then a pagination system, google analytics counts these as new page views but adsense seems to miss them, will Ezoic work with these page views in an SPA type of setup that Discourse is?

PROTEUS
Yes, Ezoic can handle dynamic page views in an SPA setup like Discourse. Ezoic’s technology is designed to adapt to different website structures and functionalities, including single-page apps. Ezoic’s ad placements and tracking mechanisms are optimized to accurately record page views, even in scenarios where dynamic page views are generated. This means that Ezoic can effectively track and monetize your Discourse website, taking into account the unique characteristics of an SPA setup. If you have any specific concerns or questions about implementing Ezoic on your Discourse site, I recommend reaching out to Ezoic’s support team or referring to our support resources at support.ezoic.com for further guidance.