Using Posts as a Wiki?

I’m running a discourse install that is purely a wiki only site. It works fine with a few annoyances:

• There is no easy way to edit the wiki (you have to scroll down and click the pencil every time: very annoying for long wiki posts).
  • There is no way to edit the same wiki at the same time with another user. I built the wiki hoping to use the collab plugin in the long run. It’s not possible though (only for enterprise customers).
  • Post length limitations are annoying. You can increase it to a point, but sometimes it isn’t enough.
  • You can’t reply on a wiki or it breaks the latest functionality, with wiki post changes not being shown. The discourse team seem intent on not fixing this. The feedback I got was pretty clear - wiki posts are second class citizens and this will never change.

Here is my wiki install. I tried to make it like a cross between google docs, and a piece of paper on a desk. The idea was to create a user friendly space for my team to collaborate on process documents. Did a lot of heavy css modifications to create it (sorry I don’t want to share that code). The only plugin i’m using at the moment is the category sidebar.

Perhaps it might inspire you a little:

I have no regrets so far implementing discourse as a wiki so far. It’s greatly improved our workflow and allowed us to ditch Google Docs, which I loathe.