What markdown parser Discourse is using?

I’m building a portal page for our community by using Statinamic (a static site generator) which will pull data from Discourse API and rebuild everyday.

But I can’t find a compatible Javascript markdown parser for Discourse so any pointers would be appreciated.

By the way, the portal is open source under MIT License. If anyone interested, please take a look at:

1 Like

Markdown.js

Most likely, it will be replaced by markdown-it for the next release.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Do you happen to know how to get cooked version of post from post id ?

After a while, I think it’s much simpler if I just get the cooked HTML instead of convert markdown from raw content.

Probably not the best way, one way to do it would be to issue a request to /p/{id} which will respond with a 302 pointing to the topic containing said post. Issuing a request there will then give you a cooked version of the response in post_stream>posts>cooked

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: . But it looks like that endpoint contains too many information. I’ll find another way (our server is not in a good shape)

Well. This is configuration to make remark markdown to act the same as markdown.js

https://github.com/thangngoc89/dnh-blog/blob/5d2016e6337d81dfd824f8d991cad2376896b10f/scripts/remark-renderer.js#L27-L32