How to add a link to the no-access message

Hi, where can I change the “You don’t have access” message?
And can I stick a link in there - so that people can sign up for access?

Thanks!

Customize > Text Content > js.topic.invalid_access.description

5 Likes

Thanks Mike.

Is there any way to actually change that page? I’d love to include a link.

In the present set up they’ll just have to copy-paste, which is better than nothing, but it would be great if I could turn it into a bit of a sales page.

Any thoughts? Or simply not possible?

Thanks!

If you go to the link that @mikechristopher has pointed to you can click ‘edit’ to change that text to be anything you like (as you can with any other text on the site in the same way)

To add a link, use Markdown as on the rest of the site.

For example, the first line of the @Discobot welcome message is written like this:

- I’m only a robot, but [our friendly staff](/about) are also here to help if you need to reach a person.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Robert, I had no idea I could do that!

**** goes off to happily insert link ****

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Not sure where my use of Markdown is off… any ideas?

1 Like

Sorry about that - it is not your text, it appears to be the code of the page

In some cases, the text is delivered in a way that does not allow for markdown. It is possible that using standard HTML will work in some cases, but it appears that this may not work on this specific occasion either.

I apologise for misleading you here, but this is something you might try in other places of your forum

okay, well that’s just bad luck then.
thanks anyway, Robert!

This is really useful, thanks.

I would also vote for the ability to use markdown on these pages. I have a similar need to @Dani1. Did you get around it any other way Dani?

Hi Marty, no i just tell them to copy/paste the link.

You can sign up here: https//etc… Just copy/paste the link into your browser.

Reminding you that the text can be changed from Customize > Text Content > js.topic.invalid_access.description, there is a simple CSS trick to do what you want.

In your /admin/customize/themes > Common > Body add:

<div class="topic-error">
    <div>
        <a title="" href="http://example.com">Random text.</a>
        <p>Some other words.</p>
    </div>
</div> 

In your CSS add:

.topic-error a:after {
   content: attr(title) " You can add other text here, or delete these quotes. ";
}

See also

4 Likes

oh wow! Thanks!! :star_struck:

1 Like

The text here

content: attr(title) " You can add other text here, or delete these quotes. ";
}

is absolutely extra and not necessary (it was just an example). In your case this is more than enough

content: attr(title);
}
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.