Whitelisted Discourse app with Push Notifications via OneSignal

I’m not using it yet, but I’m interested in using it and if so would potentially contribute.

1 Like

Exactly. Our app days are numbered, until the next needed update. So, everyone who uses this and likes this app, should chip in. Perhaps if we gather enough funds some developer will find interests. Providing @pmusaraj allows this.

1 Like

It’s a good idea to look for an additional developer. I’m happy to continue maintaining the code on a volunteer basis and happy to help guide any other developers that want to contribute. In other words, I’m not going to completely disappear anytime soon, but I have less time to devote to the app code these days.

I also added a license to the repository a little while ago and set it to use the MIT license.

14 Likes

I’m also using it :slight_smile: Happy to chip in to keep development going.

1 Like

Great! We have three people now. I will contact everyone privately once a few more people decide to help out.

Another idea is to get @pmusaraj fired from the Discourse team :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

NEVER! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

We’re willing to chip in as well.

4 Likes

Thank you! This is awesome. And hi by the way! I am your customer :smiley:

1 Like

Did anyone try this plugin with 2.3 yet?

Yes, this plugin works with 2.3.0.

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

I try but have problem with 2.3.

• Auto click and open Youtube
  • Auto click Google Adsense.
  • iPad have small screen and was bad.

And.

When user reply, Will have push notification?

Thank you!

I try Webview and with some theme component and this is the final:

2 Likes

On the GitHub, it says Android is deprecated, does that mean creating an Android app won’t do push notifications anymore? I’m not entirely clear on what that means. I can’t get web push notifications to work, so I don’t want to put the work into making/publishing an Android app for my self-hosted Discourse if I’m not going to get push notifications inside my app.

3 Likes

Native browser notifications are supported on Android without an app. If your instance is correctly configured the app is no longer necessary to receive notifications.

6 Likes

Okay, does seem to work, although have to disable/re-enable, I guess it gets confused between PWA and opening in Chrome itself?

But I could still use the Android app with onesignal notifications with this? It seems like this would be a little bit nicer for our users, and hopefully less confusing.

This seems very important…

1 Like

We don’t use UIWebView in our official open source app. Whoever is looking at taking this over should look at porting this to WkWebView which is supported and works well.

8 Likes

Great! We fixed it on our part, definitely doable and quick to upgrade to the newer API.