Who's Online Plugin (discourse-whos-online)

i hit the like button, but wanted to say thank you also, its always polite to say thank you

3 Likes

Is it possible to have the who’s online bar above the sub categories?

Here’s a screenshot of how it looks now:

I’d like to swap the “Category” and “Online” boxes around for the layout to make more sense.

Here’s the page on which this happens: Current Game - Thrive Community Forum

1 Like

Yes, using CSS you can move the bar above the sub categories:

.discovery-list-container-top-outlet.online_users_widget.ember-view {
    margin-top: -20%;
    margin-bottom: 15%;
}
.category-list.with-topics {
    margin-top: 5%;
}

The code above is only an example, you have to work on it and make it specific just for the categories you need without impacting the homepage

5 Likes

I have multiple top level categories that have sub categories, and they have different number of them. This approach can only work for one of them at a time. I think. I’m not a CSS expert. How would I also fix the main page? I think that this is a situation that can’t be fixed with CSS as you would have to somehow query the height of another element tree.

Even if it works for now, I’ll always dread the next time I have to update discourse as it might break (I have had a ton of CSS related issues when updating discourse in the past).

got a question how can i oweradd some stiles in new theme …

Creting new theme for discourse and like to add some custumisations of online plugin style … but then im adding some in themes style file then geting css errors …
if i adding #whos-online style getting this …
eny solution ?

If you click “Edit CSS/HTML”, you should see a more detailed error.

3 Likes

found the problem the discourse not like #9090909c color codes :smiley:

2 Likes

@david

I can’t discern from the above, so forgive me if this is listed and I’m overlooking it.
Is there an option included that allows users to disable the online status indicator feature from their profile settings in case they do not wish to have their online status broadcast?

Cheers,
Jayson

2 Likes

It’s a little buried, but yes, they can enable the setting under their “interface” preferences.

5 Likes

How cam I show guests online on my forum. This seem not to be available on the plugin. At least the software should be able to show signed in users online and number of guests online.

1 Like

A reasonable idea, but how are we going to name the guests? Is it going to be something like @Guest1? I think this change will take a long time.

The essence of having guests numbers is not to have the guests names mentioned but to show that the forum is active.everyone wants to see a forum that is active and majority of viewers are not registered. So many forum will show you the users currently online and the number of guests. It will be like this James Stephen Christ and 20 guests online.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Here in my opinion the perfect example: Home - vBulletin Community Forum

Clip2net_190322114641

2 Likes

Very correct. This is what I am talking about. Is this possible with discourse?

1 Like

How to do it on discourse ??

On a user’s profile page, the flair is way off. This is on mobile only.

2 Likes

I’ve got issues with the with the profile page flair on desktop (MacBook Pro 13" Safari).

(I would have opened an issue on the GitHub repo but they are not enabled)

@david Thanks for the awesome plugin!

1 Like

Does the red-black wording “Build Failing” mean this build is failing and no one is suppose to install this build of this plugin?

I tried installing this anyway, but my app-rebuild failed. And after disabling this plugin git path, rebuild succeeded.

The build failure was caused by a code linting issue, which I’ve now fixed. However, it should not have affected your ability to install the plugin. Did you get any errors during the rebuild?

Should now be fixed.

That’s deliberate, this topic is the correct place to report issues, thanks :slight_smile:

This should also be fixed

6 Likes

I was able to find the fault (which was on my part).
But I still want to know, if any plugin has this wording in Red-Black (build-failing), does it mean that, that particular build is failing and shouldn’t be installed by normal forum admins?