Who's Online Plugin (discourse-whos-online)

(Vincent) #142

Sorry if it’s been asked for before – do you plan to add a placement setting? I would prefer displaying the list in the footer.

It would only works if categories is the homepage, because of the infinite scroll

If you want to try, you can use this css code, it will be a bit weird on latest tho

#whos-online {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 90%;
}

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #144

Hi,
I’ve not tried this plugin yet. Does the online status dot also appear on the avatars from the topics list?

(David Taylor) #145

There is a setting “avatar indicator topic lists” which can be enabled to show the “dot” on mobile topic lists, but there is no way to show the dot on desktop topic lists.

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #146

Thanks. I like the online users list by the way. My forum isn’t very big for now so that would do the trick.

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #147

Does decreasing whos online active timeago setting has an impact upon performances?
When we log out, does our online status is removed automatically (after X minutes) for other users staying on the forum homepage, or do they have to reload the page to see us offline?

(David Taylor) #148

It shouldn’t have an impact on performance. I expect you could see some issues with it set to “1”, so I’d recommend 2 minutes as the minimum.

The online status will be removed X minutes after you last loaded a page on the forum. (where X = whos online active timeago)

No, the list will update automagically without needing to reload.

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #150

Any idea why Discobot would appear as an online user?

(Vincent) #151

You just got yourself a new user :slight_smile:

(David Taylor) #152

It shouldn’t. Does Discobot have a ‘last seen’ time on its user profile?

One possible explanation is that someone clicked ‘impersonate’ on the discobot user?

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #153

As far as I know, no one impersonated it (well I did for few seconds after seeing that it has been “online” for the next days).

It has been seen 4 minutes ago.
It seems to be online all day long.

I use this account with WP Discourse to be the default account when publishing posts, but it is never used this way since every author has its own WP account. Plus this issue just appeared since a few days.

edit : the last seen seems to be reinitialized every X minutes. It is now “2 minutes”.

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #154

Well I’ve found that the issue comes from a custom Wordpress plugin. :slight_smile:

(David Taylor) #155

:+1: For reference, this is the piece of code that decides whether a user has been ‘seen’:

(Dan) #156

How about count for Guest online also added on the stats?
Thanks!

(David Taylor) #158

It works on my site. Did you refresh the page?

Are there any errors in your server logs, or your javascript console?

(Ashesh Sen) #159

I felt this is the right place to put my request.

Here is a nice suggestion by @Mittineague

(Eric Saliba) #160

Please add a count of Guests on the site as well! :crossed_fingers:

(Bryan Holst) #161

I agree! This would be fantastic! Even if it was just shown as “Guests: X”. Doesn’t need to be any fancier than that

(Jeremy M) #162

Why have it as a separate listing? Why not just include them in the display with a graphic showing anonymous or something?

(Bryan Holst) #163

You could use this icon for the anonymous users, haha:

icon