Why do I see this in upper left of the screen instead of the nice login splash screen?

I was able to get access on the plane. Bottom line both issues are caused it is csp. If I comment that policy, it works.

However, finding the magic syntax to get style-src working is not trivial. I did not stumble across the right incantation.

I will start a new topic to see if anyone has conquered this.

I apologize for my oversight, I forgot I recently enabled csp.

That said, thank you very much for the assistance!

2 Likes

No worries. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll also add a link to the new topic here too for continuity: :+1:

Screenshot_20240819-142412

The circled Avatar Flair are discourse team members.

2 Likes

True, but I donā€™t think me, Lilly or Hawk actually do much coding. :slight_smile:

Still, we have our uses. And 3 team members chipping in (including a CEO no less :slight_smile:) is pretty good going. :raised_hands: :discourse:

7 Likes

Maybe true. However the knowledge and experience people like you and Lilly can quite often solve issues. If not then I imagine yous ping an appropriate team member if needed. Soā€¦ Triage. :wink:

2 Likes

To get a solid brief answer to ā€œWhy did this happen?ā€ in here:

Your CSS didnā€™t load, so youā€™re seeing an unstyled page.

For example, hereā€™s meta during loading without styles:

The image shows a webpage with the title "Discourse Meta - The X" and a loading indicator on the right side.  (Captioned by AI)

Your JS probably also didnā€™t loadā€¦ e.g. hereā€™s meta without styles after it finishes loading:

Any time you see something like that, check your network tab to see if your browser was able to load everything or if something failed. That is the problem that needs fixing.

There is a content security policy report only site setting you can enable to let the site work while figuring this out.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.