Wiki post not editable even by TL4 due to category permissions

Hi,

We have a wiki post at DNS providers who easily integrate with Let's Encrypt DNS validation - Issuance Tech - Let's Encrypt Community Support that we’ve been using for a while. About 9 days ago, one of our TL4 users reported that they can no longer edit it. I can still edit it, but I’m an admin. As far as we know nothing changed with the post recently. One of our other admins tried closing and then reopening the thread to no effect.

As an FYI we have post edit time limit set to 1440 after this discussion, in case that affects anything.

2 Likes

Hi Jacob,

Sorry for the delay. TL4 users are not able to edit the above wiki post since the topic is closed. As per the code, TL4 users should have the ability to reply to the topic to edit a post in it.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/6bbd83067d67a115af31cf4b2fc4a907a7870911/lib/guardian/post_guardian.rb#L129-L135

3 Likes

Thanks for the info! It turns out the topic was not closed, but the category was. I moved the topic to a different category that was not closed, and a TL4 user confirmed they were able to edit it.

3 Likes