Add a "fixed-width/monospace font in composer" setting

A more general/global version of Activate monospace font inside codeblocks in the post editor. In short, I want to have the same feature as (for example) GitHub has:

Markdown editor font preference

Font preference for plain text editors that support Markdown styling (e.g. pull request and issue descriptions, comments.)

:white_check_mark: Use a fixed-width (monospace) font when editing Markdown

Which in practice looks like this:

Having a workaround of having a third-party browser extension with a custom CSS per page/website isn’t ideal.

The setting will nicely go into https://meta.discourse.org/u/<user>/preferences/interface:

1 Like

But… when using code fences, the font is always monospace. What I don’t understand now? Should the composer show monospace before ending the code fence? If so… why? Wouldn’t it be easier to put the code fences and then start writing between those?

I believe they’re asking for a setting for the composer itself to be in a monospace font, not specifically code fences.

2 Likes

"A more general/global version of Activate monospace font inside codeblocks in the post editor " here means that I don’t want a monospace font just for a code block but for the whole composer textarea, hence the title (“monospace font in composer”).

1 Like