Recommendation: chatbot to support discussion in threads

Recommendation: chatbot to support discussion in threads

I know that Discourse has several plugins and options to use AI chatbots. But there are already so many options that I’m getting lost in it.

Could someone please recommend a solution (plugin, setup, procedure) that could implement this use case?

Objective: to motivate people to engage more in the discussion
How: AI bot will respond to people’s reactions in some threads

Setup:

• Only engage in discussions where the first response was made by a human
  • engage a maximum of 5 times in each thread
  • exceptionally, if someone mentions you via @, or by replying to your response

Example:
User responds:
To the article Galaxy S24 FE je konečně tady a hezky se vybarvil | Svět Androida on "Samsung Galaxy S24 FE comes with flagship features and great price! " like this “Then I’d rather buy the s23 :joy::joy::joy::joy:

AI bot responds:
Now that’s a challenge! :smile: Do you think the S23 still wins over the S24 FE, even though the new one has some interesting surprises up its sleeve? :thinking: Which feature convinced you? :iphone::fire:

Prompt:
What would you say to the comment on that Galaxy S24 FE je konečně tady a hezky se vybarvil | Svět Androida article that reads “Then I better buy the s23 :joy::joy::joy::joy:”. The goal is to condition as much involvement in the discussion as possible. Feel free to use an emoji if you see fit.

Goal accomplished:
A user, thanks to the AI bot, responded with “The price and especially the s23 is still a flag and the snap dragon is still better than dimensity in fe”

There are just two afaia:

• Discourse Chatbot 🤖 (the original Discourse AI Bot) which is still going strong.
  • CDCK’s AI bot which came along later.

You can’t blame me for creating more than one :wink:

1 Like

What do you mean by a thread?

Do you mean a Topic? or a Chat Thread?

Topic. I mean Tipic. I keep getting it wrong, I’m sorry.

1 Like

No problem at all. And now I understand.

This is criteria for Chatbot to speak (click to get to section): Discourse Chatbot 🤖

If you can make a case that would be generally useful for changing that behaviour to make it more complex and interesting, I would accept a PR or you could hire me to implement it.

I would say hire Robert. Chatbot isn’t working exactly that… wisely as what was requested. DAI must be mentioned every time.

The Chatbot has one personality/character trait that can be a bit annoying sometimes — it is really chatty and won’t shut up :joy: I mean it keeps answering all the time until a 3rd party makes a comment.

On the other hand, it doesn’t need a mention every time, as DAI that has lost the ability to understand replies to posts.

1 Like

I think this “define the conditions for a bot to join a discussion” feature could be very useful for us. Is it possible to estimate how much it would cost us?

1 Like

First order of business should be to agree a spec with settings so it can be customised a little for forum taste. I’ll PM you to discuss.

1 Like