Summarize on Meta broken?

AI-generated summary

Users MarcP and ondrej reported issues with the summarization feature on Meta, citing errors and long loading times. Arkshine confirmed the resource was unavailable. MarcP attempted to reproduce the issue in another topic without success. sam identified the root cause as the removal of support for an old GPT-4 Turbo model and announced the switch to Claude 3 Sonnet, which is deemed a good choice for summarization.

I think the summarize feature is broken here, I can not repro this on my own instance - screenshot from this topic.

3 Likes

I don’t usually use the summarise feature but I tried to summarize a large topic here on Meta earlier and it sat there for about 3 minutes and I gave up.

2 Likes

Interesting, took the chance to try it in this topic with 2 posts, not working either.

The resource doesn’t seem to exist at the moment:

image

3 Likes

Oh I see what happened, we removed support for an old GPT 4 turbo model.

I just swapped us to Claude 3 sonnet which is a very good choice for summarization.

4 Likes