How can I categorize groups?

AI-generated summary

Here is a summary of the discussion on categorizing groups:

云磊_王 is looking to add another layer of classification for different groups in Discourse. merefield provided a link to a topic on using custom fields for groups as a potential solution.

sp-jordan-violet suggested a short-term approach of using a naming convention for group names (e.g. prefixes like “slpt_” and “partner_”) to categorize them. However, they noted this lacks a clean visual representation, so a plugin like the one mentioned by merefield would be better for a proper solution that displays the categories nicely.

I want to add another layer of classification to different groups.Is there any plugin or component available to support this?

In the short-term, a quick and dirty™ way that I’ve been doing it is to stick to a naming convention for the group names.

e.g. slpt_ for company user groups, partner_ for user groups with partners, etc. It won’t give you the clean visual you might want with displaying this somewhere, for that you’ll have to go with @merefield’s suggestion for a plugin.

But depending on your use case, this might give you a quick win.