I just want to know if I can use the script for a Spanish site.
AI-generated summary
The discussion revolves around the availability of a Spanish version of Discourse. wm00 started by inquiring about using the script for a Spanish site. Mittineague replied that Spanish is one of the more complete translations, with 97% of strings translated.
SidV pointed out that while some translations are not complete, they are being worked on. They also inquired about the translation of the word “validate” and were made a reviewer for the Spanish Argentina locale.
Fer_Nando completed the Spanish version, but reviewers have some work to do. SidV questioned the existence of multiple Spanish versions (e.g., “es”, “es_ES”, “es_AR”) and was informed by elijah that the bare “es” refers to general Spanish, while country-specific versions use a hyphen and country code.
Later, absi reported that their site’s Terms of Service (TOS) remained in English despite the site being in Spanish. SidV explained that they had translated the TOS in the past, but updates to Discourse would often revert them to English. They provided links to a discussion on translating TOS and a GitHub repository for their translations. After investigating, SidV suspected a bug and pointed to a related discussion on the issue.
Spanish is one of the more complete translations.
https://www.transifex.com/discourse/discourse-org/
Spanish (Spain)
97%
110 strings to translate
Totalmente de acuerdo, y lo que no está traducido, lo estamos traduciendo
![]()
Anyway, do you know how “validate” translates @Mittineague ?
Ah, I need to be “Reviewer” ![]()
Sorry, but I don’t know what you’re asking.
“validar”, but you must know that.
I referer to this:
I think that discourse “team” have “reviewers” to “validate” translations.
PS, I think that @techapj can help here ![]()
I just made you reviewer of Spanish Argentina ![]()
Thanks, I’ve already copy es_ES to es_AR, now I review, and I’ll change to argentinian idioms ![]()
Now Spanish from Argentina is translated in 100% too ![]()
If you need help reviewing es_ES, just let me know.
Also made you reviewer of the es_ES
locale ![]()
I completed the spanish version now to 100%, but reviewers have some work hehe
Gracias @Fer_Nando
A doubt @zogstrip, why is there a “ES” version, and then other “es_AR”, “es_ES”, etc.
The “es” version for what purpose exist?
See RFC 4646 - Tags for Identifying Languages “Tags for Identifying Languages” for example. The bare “es” is just Spanish (español). Bare “en” is just English. If you want a specific version, you ask for the version with your region (hyphen country code, not underscore). And absent that specific version, you want to fall back to the general one: just “es”.
Thanks @elijah, but in this case “es” version is equal for “es_ES” version.
As a reviewer, I can not review both versions, it’s a waste of time.
Yes, I was a bit confused on why there would be both. Seems redundant to me.
I’m guessing the more general “es” was started before it was realized that country specific translations would be needed
제 사이트는 스페인어로 되어 있지만, 이용약관(TOS)은 여전히 영어로 남아 있습니다.
간편한 해결책에 대해 혹시 아이디어가 있으신가요?
사실 TOS(서비스 약관)는 오래전에 번역을 완료했는데, Discourse가 내용을 변경할 때마다 다시 영어로 되돌려 놓아서 지쳐버렸어요 ㅋㅋㅋ.. 모든 TOS를 스페인어로 번역하는 일은 쉽지 않습니다.
스페인어 TOS에 대해 논의하는 토론은 여기 있습니다: Términos de Servicio (tos_topic.body) 🇪🇸
Discourse가 약관을 업데이트할 때마다 처음부터 다시 시작하지 않도록 전체 저장소를 만들어 두었습니다: https://github.com/SidVal/SidV/tree/master/discourse
Transifex 팀에 합류하여 각 번역을 돕고 싶으시다면 환영합니다.
합류 방법을 여기에 설명해 두었습니다: https://meta.discourse.org/t/como-traducir-con-transifex/104566
업데이트: @absi, Transifex에서 TOS를 확인해 보니 번역이 되어 있네요. 어떤 스페인어 언어 설정을 사용하고 계신가요?
최신 버전의 discourse를 사용 중이신가요?
@SidV 사실 왜 영어로 남아 있는지 저도 모르겠습니다. 개인정보 처리방침은 스페인어로 되어 있거든요. 해결 방법이 있을까요?
거기서 확인해 보니 버그인 것 같습니다. 여기에서 어떤 말이 나오는지 한번 보겠습니다: TOS translated but stayed in English
안녕하세요
