2.7.0.beta2 upgrade failed with ERROR: duplicate key

Easiest is probably to change DRC to DRC1 (or whatever) in the web interface (and I think it’ll also fix @ references in posts?). You don’t need to change username_lower, as that’s calculated.

1 Like

Plot twist: No matter which of the two users I click in the web GUI, I get the profile details of just one of them (the first one, the one with the lowest id#). Seems even the web GUI is getting confused by these duplicates.

I was going to rename the newest user, because I figure the first to register the username has dibs, but the GUI doesn’t give me that option.

This is all making me very nervous. I think yet another backup is in order.

1 Like

Right. The GUI will use the index, which will return the first one (because it’s the one in the index).

I would probably rename the new user in rails, I guess. Here ends my free support on this one. If you can’t find an example and no one else will help, you can email jay@literatecomputing.com if you’ve got a budget.

2 Likes

In my case, the problem was duplicate users. So, focusing on that, one way of finding them that worked well for me, was this:

SELECT username_lower, count(*) from users GROUP by username_lower HAVING count(*) > 1;

This gave me a list of the duplicates, with the count for each.

username_lower | count 
----------------+-------
 jagger         |     2
 richards       |     2
 patrick        |     2
 peter          |     2
 jagman         |     2
(5 rows)

After fixing those, I was able to run a successful reindex, and after that, a successful rebuild.

5 Likes

Good one! I couldn’t remember to do the count(*) offhand.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.