500 Error trying to upgrade discourse

Got this error

CleanShot 2024-04-17 at 13.44.50

The logs show

How do I go about fixing this?

cd /var/discourse
./launcher rebuild app

Don’t be surprised if it takes 20 to 30 minutes. And you need to wait a couple of minutes after it’s done for the web server to crank up

Thank you. I did

sudo su 
cd /var/discourse
./launcher rebuild app

Hit this error

/bin/docker: error pulling image configuration: Get https://production.cloudflare.docker.com/registry-v2/docker/registry/v2/blobs/sha256/98/984f729957dff9b39ddce4a2a23174a21777d07a629e6f5ebef1540ef2d7b3bf/data?verify=1713392277-sO3GxYp6PxjnEeCwTBcPF%2FqE5Kw%3D: x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid.
See '/bin/docker run --help'.
Your Docker installation is not working correctly

Troubleshoot docker installation issues - #18 didn’t have a solution

Are you certain that the time and date on that machine are correct?

[root@li511-discourse]# date 
Wed Apr 17 21:46:08 UTC 2024

I am in the Bay Area and this seems about right.

Does this work?

docker run hello-world

unfortunately, no

docker run hello-world
Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: missing signature key.
See 'docker run --help'.

The good news is that it’s not a Discourse problem.

The easiest thing to do is likely to spin up a new vm. Next is to get your IT team to figure it out. If you’re the team, then I’d check the clock again, the network, and dns. It’s always dns, I hear.

It’s my VM and had this for probably 7 years now. Haven’t touch this in the past 2-3 years and I guess it all piled up.

When you say a new VM, a new discourse installation? In that case, I have to migrate the data to that machine?

The os is out of date. And the certificate chain is bad. You need a new vm with a new os.

Move a Discourse site to another VPS with rsync is what I would do.

An easier way to do that with a bit more down time is just many a new server and restore a backup.

You should be able to start the old container with

./launcher start app