Ability to remove my choice in a poll

Once a poll is created, a user make a choice, can change his vote but he cannot cancel his vote.
Is this possible to add an option to revert the choice ?

8 Likes

Was this put somewhere else? I think a vote should be able to be changed until the poll closes. We can then use these to do digital voting for our organization if they can change their votes as discourse on the issue continues. Also, there’s misclicks and they can’t fix them.

Having you tried using the poll feature? You’ve always been able to change your vote since the inception of the plugin.

3 Likes

Ah, you have to untoggle show results to change your vote. That wasn’t obvious to me.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll just jump onto this topic rather than creating my own. I have occasionally voted in a poll by accident, which is particularly annoying because there is no way to remove my vote. Are there any plans to add a feature to remove your own vote for single choice polls?

3 Likes

I found this thread also after searching a while.

I agree that deleting his own vote would be useful AND also, that there is a second button or sth. similar to modify his own vote. without this thread I feel like I never would have found the modify possibility when pressing the show results button. this is not user firendly (IMO) and perfectly hided.

BR

1 Like

As much as I hate bumping topics, I hate making duplicate posts, so I might as well bump an existing one. You still cannot remove your vote on a single-choice poll still. Sometimes I accidentally choose the wrong one and now people will think I agree with another choice.

2 Likes

To push this forward I recommend the community post a visual mockup of the proposed change.

1 Like

For single option polls, clicking an option immediately selects that option visually and saves the vote. If you click “Show Vote”, it shows the options again with the one option already selected. I’d say that clicking the selected option again should remove the vote.

For multi option polls, probably clicking “vote” after removing the selected option(s) would make sense since you have to click “vote” to submit your votes to begin with.

I think that would be the simplest approach, as it wouldn’t require new buttons or anything like that (though some existing styles and button behavior would need to change). If you think something like an explicit “Remove Vote” button would make more sense, I can probably make a mockup for that.

2 Likes

Ability to un-vote would play well together with the recently added power to create one-option polls. You could then create convinient sign-up forms.

2 Likes

I feel like we’d rather push people to use the calendar plugin events instead of polls!

1 Like

This needs to be implemented, please! I was just trying to highlight the text of a poll to copy/paste it (I don’t see why that’s not allowed, by the way), and now I’ve mistakenly voted in a poll.

4 Likes

same here, I have to create polls now, to allow to cancel a vote indirectly. That is not that professional, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yes, I did make a mistake while voting. It is annoying that I can’t undo it.

1 Like

I join myself the to others to ask this option too. It would really be quite useful, voting in a poll by mistake can happen quite often, e.g when scrolling on a relatively laggy mobile browser.
I would suggest the same as it has been suggested higher:

Is there any opposition to implementing such a feature? Would it demand too much work?

Oh yeah, we often add “I voted by mistake” options too. It’s quite unfortunate that we have to do that.

1 Like

is that really necessary?
I would say the workarounds given are quite clear. If I click once, the choice is done, click again the choice is cancelled. You could add a warning, that you about to remove your choice.

4 Likes