Absolute Numbers in Polls

poll

(Benjamin Kampmann) #1

Heyah,

I remember there was a great topic once explaining the usage of the poll-plugin, but even after searching the forum for 15min I can find it (found a reference to it, that leads to a 404 though). So in case that is already implemented, please let me know how to activate it and move this out of this section :wink: .

Love the polls. We are using it internally to gauge interest and make participation easier. It also acts as a replacement for doodle. One thing we are using it for is to easily pre-organise events, for e.g. asking who’s gonna come and what food they want (and having emoji in it, makes it awesome):

However, the “relative” counts are really irrelevant in this case for us. So when looking at the results, to figure out how much pizza/sushi to order, I have to make the reverse calculation. It’d be great, if I could configure the poll to use absolute instead of relative numbers on a case-to-case-basis.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #2

I guess this is the new canonical guide:

http://blog.discourse.org/2015/08/improved-polls-in-discourse/

(Benjamin Kampmann) #3

On the blog? Really? Is that where I am supposed to search for official feature documentation now? What’s the how-to section for then?

Anyhow, Thanks, @erlend_sh, that’s exactly what I was looking for! I see it doesn’t have support for absolute numbers atm ;).

(Sam Saffron) #4

At a minimum we would be fine with a PR that add a “title” attribute to .percentage that describes how many votes total there are.

Maybe also a “hint” to work in “total” mode, but that is up to @codinghorror to decide.

(Régis Hanol) #5

I think adding a “results” attribute which defaults to “percentage” but can also be set to “total” shouldn’t be that hard. Most of the work is done client-side anyway.

(Benjamin Kampmann) #6

Would a PR doing that be accepted?

(Régis Hanol) #7

Of course it would be :wink: