Accessing a user’s admin page

:bookmark: This guide details the steps to access a user’s admin page as an admin or moderator on a Discourse forum.

:person_raising_hand: Required user level: Administrator or Moderator

As an admin or moderator on a Discourse forum, accessing a user’s admin page allows you to perform various administrative tasks such as reviewing their activity, managing account settings, or addressing community guidelines violations.

There are two primary methods: searching for the username or from the user profile page.

Search the admin user list

1. Log In to the Admin Account
    Ensure you are logged in with an account that has admin or moderator privileges on the Discourse forum.

2. Navigate to the Users Section
    Go to the site’s admin dashboard by navigating to https://discourse.example.org/admin/users. This will display a list of all registered users on the forum.

1. Search for the User
    Use the search bar at the top to enter the username, email address, or other identifying information of the user whose admin page you want to access.

1. Open the User’s Admin Page
    From the search results, click on the username of the user to open their admin page.

Linked from the user profile

The admin link is also available from the user profile page, accessed via the usercard.

Last edited by @Discourse 2024-06-18T06:10:19Z

Check documentPerform check on document:
2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile: This was originally a PM with Jammy but he asked me to post it here.

Continuing the discussion from Admin button on user page is obscured on mobile.

This topic made me wonder with this being a “design issue - unless the entire user settings interface is redesigned”

Would it be worth adding a :information_source: note to the Accessing a user’s admin page topic that on mobile you may have to scroll horizontally depending on the device?

1 Like

I don’t think we need an infobox, but we can certainly add a sentence describing it will look different on smaller screen sizes. :+1:

Or not! :smiley: I’m sure some admin users will use smaller screen sizes to access that user data, but I presume most will not; I have large fingers so I’d be afraid to accidentally deleting a new user from my phone. :laughing: