Activation email sent after account was deactivated

Hi there,
A few users in my forum wanted to be removed.
So that I messages wouldn’t be deleted from the forum and in private messaging (for example, their message requesting to be removed) I went ahead and deactivated their account and logged them out.

The log in is via SSO and I disabled their log in altogether so they can’t join back in.
However I just had a look at the logs and noticed that an account I deactivated yesterday received an email called “activation_reminder” several hours after being deactivated.

Sending an activation reminder email for users who were deactivated by an admin is obviously wrong behavior.Is there a way to disable those emails since we’re using SSO anyway?

1 Like

Also, I see that the user has received “email_reject_inactive_user” email too a couple of days prior to that, and only several hours after deactivation.

1 Like

This isn’t directly answering your problem, but usually, on the forum I moderate, if a user wants to be removed, we use the “Anonymize user” feature available in the admin options of the user. They can’t connect anymore, their personal data is deleted, but their posts remain. Probably better and easier than just deactivating accounts, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Thanks Alex,
I appreciate it - that’s what I ended up doing. My initial refusal to do so was so that I can have a record of the user requesting deletion in the first place. I know you can still see the log of the user, but finding that user once they’ve been anonymized is difficult.

1 Like

Isn’t the PM/Topic requesting the deletion enough?

2 Likes

I suppose it is, but it’s harder to find it that way (without user name)
Anyway, I suppose that’s the best way to go about it.

2 Likes