Add /groups to top nav

Repo: GitHub - alehandrof/discourse-group-nav: Add group nav for Discourse (theme component)

About

This theme component adds the full nav bar on both mobile and desktop on the groups page:

It’s based on the component that does the same thing with /users. So much so, that I’m not really sure how this works :slight_smile:

Install guide

How to install a theme or theme component

14 Likes

FYI - This theme component is now broken due to the recent changes on the group page. I’m at a conference right now, but I’ll look at repairing it when I get back. If any one else wants to take a stab at it, go ahead :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve moved this to the (brand new!) #theme:broken-theme category to avoid any confusion. It would be still great to get it fixed though. Using the official javascript plugin API would make it more resilient in future (same goes for the /user equivalent).

2 Likes

Is the option to add groups available?

This plugin replaces the functionality that this old theme provided: Custom top navigation links

2 Likes

Note, there is no technical reason this requires a plugin, this modification can be made using the client side api only in a theme component.

3 Likes

Oh my! I meant the exact opposite of what I posted:

This new theme component replaces the functionality that this old theme provided.”

Sorry, I posted quickly without re-reading :flushed:

Feel free to close this topic. I have gone ahead and archived this theme on Github.

2 Likes