Add custom page to About/FAQ/ToS/Privacy section

Is there away of adding an additional page to the FAQ section?

3 Likes

What do you mean? Do you mean you want to paginate the FAQ page?

I want to add a page next to the Terms of Service, Privacy area.

You mean you want add a tab next to Privacy? This is not available now. You can make a feature request in feature category and tell us the reason why it is important to you.

BTW: you can override faq_url.

Thanks for your help!

How do you override it?

Go to Admin - Site Setting and find faq_url. Fill a url to see whether it can reach your need.

1 Like

This might be a good extensibility point eventually @eviltrout though I don’t see a lot of demand for it at the moment.

4 Likes

If you’re looking for backup this would be great for us as well. As a gaming community that has recruitment rules and membership rules it would be nice to have those as pages however there isn’t too much reason to not have a pinned post for them either.

3 Likes

I have been wanting to do this for a while. Also the about page linked from the menu could fit alongside faq etc and be more customizable.

Adding extensibility here is something we would like to do, but it is fairly complex if we want to support this without needing a plugin

6 Likes

@sam Im going to venture out on a limb here and say that one could possibly build the content they need with the static pages plugin… but then there’s the problem of adding said page(s) to the specific nav bar and adding said nav bar to the top of said page(s)…

Would there be a way to target the nav bar that houses the About, FAQ, Terms of Service, and Privacy links by use of a theme component? Possibly assigning a specific class or id to that nav bar and creating something similar to the custom header/hamburger menu links theme components.

2 Likes

I dig up the subject.

Is it still impossible ?

It would be useful to add the rules of our forum with the FAQ, Terms of service…

1 Like

Agreed, though I would say the default FAQ is more of a Code of Conduct as there are no Questions or Answers in it. I would like to be able to add another appropriate page or 2 myself.

Any updates on this?

1 Like

I’m just here to express that I have also needed this functionality, it would be a very good thing if the devs could add the possibility of adding at least one new optional tab in that part.

2 Likes

In order to utilize google login and facebook login credentials approval they require a dedicated contact-us page url. They ignored the about url which discourse has with contact and said to provide them with one. I’m forced now to create a separate link via sub domain to have this made given the main tld is dedicated to discourse.

The publishing page feature I’ve just tried and going to reapply to facebook to see if they will allow. For google i’ve said the login is only for personal use so it has been allowed.

Another vote here for this feature. Specifically, I want to create a FAQ page separate from the “Guidelines” with the same clean formatting and permanent appearance. However, I’m sure there are many other uses cases so a dynamic feature allowing the creation of additional tabs would be ideal.

2 Likes