We want to add this external logging JS lib to our Discourse Instance to improve the debugging workflow by using this lightweight logging wrapper that allows us for example setting up a logLevel via
This external lib should be available throughout all our custom plugins, Theme and Theme Components we have installed on our App.
• Would importing the JS via
register_asset in various Plugins import the JS file multiple times?
• Is there an alternative JS lib with similar functionality after Ember deprecated its logging utility in favor of
We currently went down following road to implement it.
- Install Plugin which imports external JS and make JS lib available via window object (`window.log = log’)
• Import JS lib only once imported
• Other plugins/Theme/Theme Components would depend on that Plugin and things like open source plugins would force users to install both plugins
Does this make sense or would you suggest a different approach?