Adding link to blog on main page

(John Archer) #1

Hello!

I’m looking to add a link to my blog to the home page of my main site, which is Discourse-based. I currently have the standard set up - Latest, New, Unread, Top, Categories - along the top, and would like to have the Blog link right next to Categories if possible.

Beyond HTML, I have little-to-no coding knowledge, so any previous explanations on doing this have gone right over my head. I had my Discourse installation done by my host, but I know my way around the settings etc. I’m looking for the most basic way to do this, as I am no coder!

Thanks again for reading!

Update: I did it! This thread here had code that worked: Add button to top menu

The code that worked:

Hope this can help someone else out there! Thanks again!

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

How to add header menu links isn’t exactlyy what you’re asking for, but it may solve your problem.

(John Archer) #3

Thank you for this link! I was able to get it working, but like you said, it’s still not exactly what I’m after. I do at least have a blog link now, it’s just on the header. If I can get it to move to the link area, that would be great.

This is a start! Thank you!

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

When you say “link area”, do you mean where Latest, Top, New, Unread, etc are?

If so, something like this should work (be sure to updated the I18n line): How to add external link on top menu?

(John Archer) #5

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was trying to do, and I managed to make it work! Hopefully this code can help others!