Advanced Search was primarily a hidden power user feature and as such it didn’t have a user friendly UI. Today it has one.
Whenever anyone lands on the full page search, they can now expand the Advanced Search options and filter their search results using a much cleaner and easier UI.
Search results can be filtered by
- a specific user
- a specific category
- users that belong to a particular group
- users that have a specific badge
- topics that contain the following tags
- posts that I liked
- topics I posted in
- topics I’m watching or tracking
- posts that are in my messages
- posts and topics that I bookmarked
- limited to the first post in a topic
- topics that are open, closed, or archived
- topics that have zero replies
- topics that contain a single user
- posts that were posted before or after a given date or number of days ago
- topics that have a minimum number of replies
As the search options are filled out, search terms are auto-completed to assure users they’re typing in terms that the system will recognise.
So give it a shot!