Advanced search: posts from members of a group

The seen/unseen filter is great.

Would it be a great deal of work to include a groups filter? It wouldn’t need any UX real estate, it could just be a part of “Posted by”.

1 Like

it technically exists, just “power” setting. Using group:<name> or group:<id>
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/lib/search.rb#L405-L412

7 Likes

I rarely ever use smilies, or the word “awesome”, but:

:open_mouth: Awesome!

4 Likes

I guess this wouldn’t be useful enough to be integrated into the advanced search interface?

My recent use cases:

1. I was looking for particular information from a Discourse staff member, but I couldn’t remember who. Filter messages from this group of users have helped.

2. On my forum, I have a group in which I put business professionals. It can be useful to quickly have an overview of all their messages (as they write official information), regardless of any brand/manufacturer/seller in particular, etc without having to look at their individual message. Plus, they often work together, so the information is not always scattered between these different entities.

3 Likes

I think have it available as an advanced search filter would be a great addition, because this is not as intuitive as other search filter.
I can mention a category in a post using #categoryname and search for a post in that category by adding #categoryname. I can mention a tag in a post using #tagname and search with #tagname.
I can mention a user in a post using @username and filter the search results with @username. Mentioning a group in a post works with @groupname but searching for it does not work with @groupname. There you have to use group:groupname.

1 Like