Alias username and group mentioning

Hi!

Thank you for Discourse, it is really nice to use.

Is it possible to create an alias username? So that @ mentioning of two (or more) names will notify only one real user? So I can use different names for official posting and private comments without messing up with multiple accounts.

Another nice feature can be a collective (group) name, e.g. @help or @support. It should notify a group of users, with an access to the conversation history and, probably, if some user from the group answered to the post with @help mentioning simply mark this notification to be read (or delete it) for other group users.

Best regards,
Kostya

Group mentions has been overhauled:

3 Likes

Thank you! Nice to hear that group mentioning is already here! This way the relevant part of my feature request is an alias for a username.

Username aliases something we’ve had requested before. It seems very niche, so your best bet is probably a plugin.

While it is not exactly what you are looking for, you could make a group with a single user…which essentially would function as an alias.

2 Likes

Good! Thank you! I think this is exactly what i need!

Thank you for your proposal. However, it seems that solution from Joshua should solve the problem. I suppose you can recommend his solution if any future request of aliases.