Allow Users to Self Grant Badges

Hi there,

I run a site for a “Reading Rush” - a week long reading event where users see how much they can read and have various challenges to complete. If they complete the challenge, they get the badge.

I’m transitioning my forums to Discourse, and I’m trying to figure out if users can self grant badges to themselves, rather than something automatic at a milestone or something manual. We had around 20,000 users last year, and are expecting more this year, so obviously it would be a lot to have to manually approve. I’m also looking for some sort of integration or plugin that might allow this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Likes

You can create badges that are assigned by sql. You could have users who have earned the badge post in a topic or category and create a badge that is awarded for posting there.

6 Likes

I was just thinking that it would be great if users could self-grant certain badges (designated as such). We have a fun site and our users would love some fun badges they could apply themselves. The current one being requested is the “butt-hurt badge”. Not something I’m gonna assign but would love to make it available for self-granting.

:slight_smile: