Alternative Voting Category Style

Not that I am aware of, but I think it probably makes sense to have more consistency in the styling there.

Sure, I can add some better flexibility here.

I have a huge update to this component that’s been in the works, but I’ve not had the time to finish it. If an opportunity doesn’t open up soon, I’ll try to get these quick fixes in at the very least.

5 Likes

@tshenry, I have just installed the plugin, thank you for providing it! But it’s not correctly showing votes in the main page, do you have any idea why this might be happening? See the screenshot below.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m not immediately sure based on your screenshot. I just checked and the component is working fine on my site. Based on the vote count box displaying at all, I’m pretty sure you had refreshed the page and enabled voting in that category before that screenshot was taken.

A few questions that might help:

• What version of Discourse you are running?
  • Are you running any third-party plugins?
  • When you open your browser’s console, do you see any errors?
  • Are subcategories involved at all?
2 Likes

@tshenry: Using Discourse 2.8.0.beta11.

These are my installed plugins:

Here are my installed theme components:

There are no subcategories, and no errors in browser’s console.

If you want to check it yourself, I kept the theme enable in this category, just go to BIZ Feature Requests - TMS Support Center.

Thank you very much for your help.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great component.

We’ve just noticed that the boxes with the number of votes have stopped showing. We’ve also recently upgraded to Discourse 2.9.0.beta8 (89d43235c4) which might be related?

To see it live, please see: