Any interest in Self Sovereign Identity integration?

Hi all! I’m interested in implementing SSI using an identity wallet as a self-issued idp ‘SIOP’ for our Discourse forum and wondered if it would be of more general interest as a plugin extension. See the did-auth protocol

Anyone else working on something similar?

We would also like to see SSI verifiable claims, presented to Discourse to be represented as badges (ideally with a service that checks for revocation).

Nick

2 Likes

Did you make any progress with this @nmeyne?

Hi there @Drew-ART: Sorry for the delay in reply! Yes we did!

Pavilion, especially @angus, FairBnB and Resonate Co-ops collaborated on a project to deliver a verifiable credentials implementation called Coop Creds. (Originally called community credentials - it’s not exclusively for co-ops) The idea is that customers / co-op members use their verifiable credentials for convenient, frictionless access and transactions across the co-op ecosystem. Co-ops save costs and risk of KYC / GDPR compliance, reduce fraud together and have a privacy-respecting alternative to google ads or facebook tools for cross-selling.

The SIOP part of this turned out to be trickier, so we waited on further ‘maturity’ of the standards and tools in that area… watch this space.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve been talking to @angus via email already, its great to see the other end of this project. I think the project i’m working with would like to contribute to and expand this.

If i get the go ahead i can keep you in the loop as i expect you’ll have insights that’ll help us produce additions that mesh with the current plugin, so we grow your work rather than starting a second separate fork. Perhaps those additions will be useful to you also.

1 Like