Any way to have a single option poll with just one option to choose from?

poll

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Maybe an odd request, but I’m interested in creating an “opt in” poll that just has one option, but the poll is throwing an error. Is there any way, even a workaround, that can work?

(cpradio) #2

Put in a fake second option, delete it once it is in the composer and see what happens?

(Tobias Eigen) #3

good idea but I tried that. Just tried again right here but it complains when I save the post.

11 AM

(Jay Pfaffman) #4

make both options “yes”. :slight_smile:

(Mittineague) #5

I was thinking that instead of using a poll as a checkbox maybe the checklist plugin could do what you need

But AFAICT, it won’t.

Maybe make a “no” option and then use CSS to display: none it?

Then there will likely be a “100%” showing, so it feels like this is getting into new plugin territory to me.

(Michael Howell) #6

How about “Like this post if you’re going to be there :heart:!”

(Jay Pfaffman) #7

But you can’t un-like to say you won’t, which I think is probably also a problem with a poll.

Another solution is a wiki, maybe.

(Michael Howell) #8

@tobiaseigen if you want two options, instead of one, then a poll already works.

(Tobias Eigen) #9

Thanks, all! Really appreciate all the suggestions.

In the end, I decided to just bag the poll in this case. Interestingly, I got a handful of likes already to the topic without even asking for it, so people seem enthusiastic and are showing it. :rocket:

I do think that down the road it might be of value to allow one option to choose from, but it’s not a high priority for me. Perhaps someone else wants to make it possible at some stage. The 100% showing issue seems to be the only potential snag, beyond the UX tweaks that would be needed.