Any way to NOT send emails when a topic category is changed?

This is SUPER helpful, thank you!

Option 2 seems to be the best option for me - we’re dealing with several thousand topics migrated from another system, so I have lots of help going through and categorizing them.

Two follow up questions:

• The “unlisted” state seems to be fairly free from side effects - the topics are still visible, just not in “latest” lists. Do they become effectively hidden from non-moderator/admin accounts until they are re-listed? It’s not 100% clear to me what to expect when a post is unlisted (I read this and I’m still unsure)

• Currently, all of the posts are in a single category. Is there a way you recommend that I could unlist EVERYTHING in that category, e.g. a sql command?

• Once all of those unlisted topics have been moved into their respective categories, is there a way to find everything sitewide that is unlisted and relist it (again, a sql command would be ideal)? We aren’t unlisting topics for any other reason (unless it happens unknowingly because of other actions on the site, but I have manually touched over 1000 topics in the last few weeks during recategorizing and haven’t once used the unlisted state before this).

Thanks so much for your help with this!

1 Like