Arabic comments in code block don't work in Opera

Hey guys :wave:

Like what the title says when I write arabic words in code comments they are not dispayed correctly in opera browser after i post the topic.

But it’s working fine in preview mode and in other browsers for example:

# This is a basic workflow to help you get started with Actions

name: CI Name  # هنا نضع اسم العملية

# Controls when the action will run. Triggers the workflow on push or pull request
# events but only for the master branch
on: # نستخدمها لضبط توقيت بدء العملية
  push: # هنا تبدأ العملية عند رفع الكود على الفرع الرئيسي ماستر
    branches: [ master ]
  pull_request: # وهنا تبدأ العملية عند عمل طلب سحب
    branches: [ master ]

# A workflow run is made up of one or more jobs that can run sequentially or in parallel
jobs: # كل عملية تتكون من عدة وظائف
  # This workflow contains a single job called "build"
  build-for-production: # هنا نعطي أي اسم يعبر عن الوظيفة التي سيقوم بها السيرفر
    # The type of runner that the job will run on
    runs-on: ubuntu-latest  # نظام تشغيل السيرفر، وهنا يوجد خيارات كثيرة مرفقة بالصورة أسفل الكود

# Steps represent a sequence of tasks that will be executed as part of the job
    steps: # هنا الخطوات أو المهمات التي سيقوم بها السيرفر
    # Checks-out your repository under $GITHUB_WORKSPACE, so your job can access it
    - uses: actions/checkout@v2  # هذه الخطوة مهمة حيث تقوم بتوجيه السيرفر إلى الفولدر أو المشروع الحالي

# Runs a single command using the runners shell
    - name: Run a one-line script  # اسم المهمة الأولى
      run: echo Hello, world! # الأمر الخاص بالمهمة الأولى

# Runs a set of commands using the runners shell
    - name: Run a multi-line script  # اسم المهمة الثانية
      run: |
        echo Add other actions to build,    # الأوامر الخاصة بالمهمة الثانية
        echo test, and deploy your project.

this is an example from our instance.

tried updating discourse from 2.5.0.beta5 to 2.5.0.beta7 but the problem still there.

Edit: i don’t know why it works in your site :man_shrugging:
but this is the original topic that we notice this bug in ما معنى DevOps؟ دليلك التطبيقي لميكنة مشروعاتك :) - المقالات والنقاشات - مجتمع كورتابز

2 Likes

Hey @AHMED_ALRIFAI welcome to Meta :wave:

Discourse does not support Opera. The browsers we support are listed here.

The code block in your post seems to render OK for me on Chrome.

Also, the code blocks in your linked topic seem to render OK for me on Chrome as well.

If the issue persists on any of the browsers we support, we’d be happy to look into into it :+1:

6 Likes

Yeah it did work in other browsers for me too, but the issue just in opera.
but this is wierd i am using opera now and it works in your website without any problems.

btw sorry for my english.

2 Likes

If it works for you here on Meta but it’s not working on your site, then it might be a font issue. However, like I said we don’t support Opera.

The best thing I can recommend is to try safe-mode on your site

your.site.com/safe-mode

and see if the issue persists. If the issue does not occur in safe mode, then you might need to check your theme / css / font since it might be causing the problem on Opera.

4 Likes

Ok. i will check it now, thanks

3 Likes

This issue is related to the Arabic font and we’ve solved it by changing the font-style to normal, if anyone would like to keep the comments italic just change the typeface.

4 Likes