ArgumentError (unknown group) When Follow Plugin is Enabled

Hey all, hoping someone can help steer me in the right direction for resolving this issue? It might be a bug, but obviously there are many other Discourse forums without any issue using the Follow feature so I’m pretty sure it’s something specific to us.

Problem: When the “Follow” plugin is enabled, clicking on any user avatar anywhere makes the card just “blip” in and out of existence. It doesn’t remain visible. It is only when this plugin is enabled that this happens, otherwise it pops up and remains until I dismiss it again. I also get 404 errors when navigating to any user’s direct profile URL. This happens on any browser, any device, any OS. I can reproduce it 100% of the time.

Troubleshooting: I removed the Follow plugin, rebuilt, then added it back and rebuilt again. Still the same issue. Upon checking the logs, I get the following error:

ArgumentError (unknown group)
app/models/group.rb:596:in `lookup_group'
(eval):102:in `_fast_attributes'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:543:in `render_json_dump'
app/controllers/users_controller.rb:99:in `block (2 levels) in show'
app/controllers/users_controller.rb:91:in `show'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:415:in `block in with_resolved_locale'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:415:in `with_resolved_locale'
lib/middleware/omniauth_bypass_middleware.rb:71:in `call'
lib/content_security_policy/middleware.rb:12:in `call'
lib/middleware/anonymous_cache.rb:368:in `call'
config/initializers/100-quiet_logger.rb:23:in `call'
config/initializers/100-silence_logger.rb:31:in `call'
lib/middleware/enforce_hostname.rb:23:in `call'
lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:202:in `call'

There are a few minor variations to this error depending on where I’m trying to access a user’s card/profile, but the majority is the same.

Here’s the entire backtrace/env/info if this might help:

All Details
ArgumentError (unknown group)
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:543:in `render_json_dump'
app/controllers/users_controller.rb:99:in `block (2 levels) in show'
app/controllers/users_controller.rb:91:in `show'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:415:in `block in with_resolved_locale'
app/controllers/application_controller.rb:415:in `with_resolved_locale'
lib/middleware/omniauth_bypass_middleware.rb:71:in `call'
lib/content_security_policy/middleware.rb:12:in `call'
lib/middleware/anonymous_cache.rb:368:in `call'
config/initializers/100-quiet_logger.rb:23:in `call'
config/initializers/100-silence_logger.rb:31:in `call'
lib/middleware/enforce_hostname.rb:23:in `call'
lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:202:in `call'

Backtrace

plugins/discourse-follow/app/models/follow_pages_visibility.rb:50:in `can_see_page?'
plugins/discourse-follow/app/models/follow_pages_visibility.rb:37:in `can_see_following_page?'
plugins/discourse-follow/plugin.rb:52:in `block (2 levels) in activate!'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:456:in `attributes'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:480:in `_serializable_hash'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:359:in `serializable_hash'
active_model_serializers (0.8.4) lib/active_model/serializer.rb:343:in `as_json'
activesupport (7.0.3) lib/active_support/json/encoding.rb:22:in `encode'

Env

HTTP HOSTS: forum.wackywriters.com

Because of this, I have to keep the Follow plugin disabled so our forum is functional. My users are very sad that they can’t use this feature, so any help or at least pointing me in the right direction would be really great. I really appreciate the time anyone takes to look at this! Hopefully it’s not EBCAK.
Thanks!