Autobump Interval < 1 per day

I wondered if there was a way to configure Discourse to not autobump daily but to say do it every week or perhaps spread throughout the week? My forum doesn’t have a lot of activity some days and I have 3 categories that autobump and I don’t want posts to clutter things up when activity is low on more current threads. This happens a lot during the week when most of my users are either working or in school.

I support this request @sam, I think really low “drip” values here can make sense?

1 Like

At the moment we have:

So I guess the request here is to split this setting to:

“Number of open topics to automatically bump”

“Bump frequency” (daily / weekly / monthly)

I wonder though if this is entering into @joffreyjaffeux discourse automation type “pre-packaged” workflow, especially since:

There is an implicit request here to only have bumps happen at specific times, and in the context of a “workflow” we would be able to provide a lot more parameters:

• How many topics would you like bumped every month?

• Would you like bumps to happen during the weekend?

• Would you like to restrict bumps to a specific set or hours in a specific timezone? (8AM -> 5PM Australia time)

1 Like

So I guess the request here is to split this setting to:

“Number of open topics to automatically bump”

“Bump frequency” (daily / weekly / monthly)

That would be ideal for me. I’m not sure about the other thing you said though. :slight_smile:

How much control would you like on bumping? Would you prefer topics not to bump at 1am at night?

1 Like

If I can add, I would like to see a custom bump time, or if no set bump time let Discourse decide based on activity/hour? With Discourse being about very simple and clever, you could even add an option to bump on a busy time, or at at low traffic hours.

How much control would you like on bumping? Would you prefer topics not to bump at 1am at night?

I think it could have a default of sometime within business hours i.e. 9a-5p or even like 9a-9p. Then of course settings like a max limit on how many bumps in a set time period or however else you all thought such control should be done. I don’t know if you do it now, but it would be nice if the time of bump was somewhat random, I think it would attract more attention that way.

Just my opinions!