I’ve setup Discourse servers in a about 5 instances now and all seem to be exhibiting odd behaviour; not sure if it is indeed a Bug or if anyone else has experience same.
Steps to Recreate
- Server setup goes smooth
- Wizard walk through is fine, all images are uploaded and shown as expected
- User receives signup link, clicks to follow, and registration all goes well
- (Here’s where things go sideways) User logs in and site logos are all broken – only showing text titles
- User cannot upload/assign custom Avatar
- Site certificate complains that site is not secure
- For some reason this ONLY affects the browser used to sign-up, and has a much higher failure rate in Chrome
- We’ve tried telling users to flush browser cache and cookies – still broken
- We’ve asked users to reinstall browsers, mostly Chrome – still broken
- We’ve asked people to use an alternative identity in Chrome or try a different browser (Safari, Firefox, etc.) – works!
We have absolutely no idea why the last item works and why the originating signup identity is messed up. It would not be tenable to ask allow our users (about 6-700) to sign out of their Chrome identity and sign back in – if, for some reason that is indeed the solution.